- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Notice
Update: COVID-19 tests in the Dzongkhags
While mass testing in Thimphu will take off tomorrow, this is to update everyone that a series of community screening for COVID-19 are underway in other parts of the country.
These transitional testing are carried out besides the daily enhanced surveillance and symptomatic testing to ascertain the epidemiological status of districts and areas to graduate to the next colour code.
For today, there are ten green districts, one yellow and nine red districts, within which differentiated colour codes are maintained for proper disease management. A total of 191,136 tests were conducted across the country since January 16.
1. Every person from one household was tested until yesterday in all the yellow areas in Wangduephodrang to transit to green.
2. In Tsirang, series of mass testing are underway and based on the results, some chiwogs have transitioned to green.
3. Paro transitioned to green this evening after two-day screening and over 1,478 samples.
4. Excluding Phuentsholing, mass testing has been carried out in Chukha and subsequently affected areas have transitioned to yellow and green respectively.
5. Samples were collected from the red areas in Dagana yesterday. The results will determine the transition of Dagana to yellow dzongkhag.
6. In Punakha, Pemagatshel, Samdrupjongkhar, Samtse, Sarpang and Phuentsholing, symptomatic and targeted testing are being carried out. The transitional testing will be carried out based on the ground situation.
Finally, please follow respective Dzongkhag and regional taskforce social media pages and websites to stay updated of the COVID-19 status. We thank you for your support.